Friday, March 14, 2014

Geologic Timeline Activity

Geologic Timeline Activity

During our project concerning the biological, geologic timeline of Earth, I learned a lot about the specific life and conditions of the Jurassic period. However, i would argue that the skills i learned from creating the timeline far out weighed the pure knowledge i gained from researching.
   My contribution to the group fell under more of an artistic sense rather than a strictly scholastic. I helped by forming our clay fossil, drawing the background of our piece timeline, tracing and coloring our dinosaurs, and organized our part of the timeline.
   During the presentations, i gained a lot more respect, understanding, and admiration for the other time periods on the timeline. I had known only a little bit about the other periods prior to the presentations, and can now say that i have a solid understanding of what the conditions of each period were like.
  I think that the only thing my group could have done better was to present. We did not prepare at all and during our presentation i realized i had been reading the wrong card on our timeline. Unfortunately, i could not keep myself together basically ruined our entire presentation.  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment